Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Tuesday, July 3, 2018

A little bit of life and some things Owen said.

AK has so enjoyed gymnastics this year. For their last class of the school year, they had a party in the gym.


This is mostly what I saw.



They got medals from their coaches...


And then got to hang out on their favorite equipment before leaving for the summer. AK's favorite is the uneven bars.







Showing her medal to Daddy...


Claire wrote this note and left it on my bed the other night and made me ugly cry.


We made something messy the other morning. I don't even remember what it was now but it involved shaving cream and some other ingredients.



Owen loves to play guitar with Daddy.




Claire has been working hard on learning Beethoven's Fur Elise on the piano.


We got the free zoo pass from the library again and headed to Atlanta to see some animals!










This happened the other day and cracked me up. In the midst of a conversation concerning all the possibilities of future careers among the kids, Owen looked up from his supper and said somberly, "I'm going to be a friendly dinosaur. One that doesn't bite."

***

Tonight Owen didn't want to go to bed. He was overtired and when he is upset at night time he always says that his tummy hurts. After trying all my usual tactics to no avail, I said, "Do you want me to go get Daddy? Maybe he can help."
Owen: No, it's not my leg. It's my tummy.
Me: That's ok, Daddy is good at tummies too.
Owen: No, it's my neck.
Me: Oh, Daddy is very good at helping necks.
Owen: It's my face. My face hurts.

No comments:

Post a Comment