Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Convos with Claire

*****

(In the car, listening to music)...
Claire: How bout the one...how bout the one...how bought the one says, "Hacchaeus" (singing...) "Hacchaeus, you are a man, Hacchaeus you are a man...I like that one."

*****

Me: Please don't ask me "Why?" anymore right now.
Claire: Why?
Me: Because I don't feel good and I can't handle it.
Claire: Why?
Me: I'm tired and my throat hurts and my head is stopped up and my nose is running.
Claire: Oh! Go to bed!
Me: I wish I could.
Claire: (pauses a moment) How bout the couch?

*****

(Checking on Claire in bed before she went to sleep...This entire conversation occurred in a whisper...)

Me: I love you.
Claire: I love you too. Daddy loves me too.
Me: Yeah, he does.
Claire: Yeah, he does. Jesus loves me too.
Me: Yeah, he does.
Claire: I trust in Him. I do. I do.
Me: I'm so glad.
Claire: He's in the sky. He's making a house for us. A-Kate coming to bed?
Me: I'm about to bring her in.
Claire: Ok. I'll be quiet.
Me: I know. You're sweet. You're a good big sister.
Claire: Yeah, I am.

*****

(As I was putting a large picture in a frame, Claire put her hand down on the back of the frame and leaned on it...)

Me: Don't put your hand on it like that. It's glass on the other side and it might break.
Claire: Ok. I'll put some ice cream on it.

*****

(After visiting a dear friend of mine from seminary and her 2 little girls, who are close in age to mine...)

Claire: What's your friend called?
Me: My friend??...Oh, Mrs. Jordan.
Claire: Oh. What's my friend called?
Me: Lily.
Claire; Oh. What's Averi Kate's friend?
Me: Laine.
Claire: Oh. Aw, how sweet. Laine. That is so sweet.

*****

Claire: What you doing, Mommy?
Me: Putting my contacts in.
Claire: Why?
Me: Well, I can't really see without them. You remember the blind man that we read about last night in our Bible story? How he couldn't see or use his eyes? That's kind of how I am without my contacts.
Claire: Oh. (Pause) It's okay, Jesus will kill you.
Me: WHAT? ... You mean, Jesus will heal me?
Claire: Yeah.
Me: [laughing with relief]



1 comment: