Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Moments

Claire's commentary on tasting a new food: "I'm glad it doesn't taste like a trash can."


Averi Kate is currently obsessed with belly buttons. She calls them "be-bo" and wants to see everyone's and is certain that everyone wants to see hers.



Claire wanted to pray for our friend Meily, who lives in Ecuador. This is what she prayed. "God, please help Meily to get close to me so I can see her. Because I've never seen her before but I saw her in Rome on the webnet but I haven't really seen her up close so please help her to move two houses down when that lady moves. And please help her to know God. Amen."


Averi Kate thinks it is really funny to put things on her head. She is turning out to be an awesome dancer, much like her big sister. I'll have to get some video to share soon. She loves to play with my phone, or anyone's phone for that matter. She also loves to eat and starts to hyperventilate at mealtime when I say, "Let's go get in your highchair!"


The other night I was rocking Averi Kate to sleep when she passed gas. She looked up sharply and said, "Gog!" (which means, "Dog!")

No honey. That wasn't a dog. That was you.




Claire's current favorite song: "If you're happy in your nose, clap your hands..."
She must have the happiest nose in the world.


 


Averi Kate can climb all the way up the ladder and into the "treehouse" on the girls' playset. I was watering the garden one day while AK was playing on the ground, and when I turned around to check her face was peering at me through the window in the treehouse. Laughing gleefully. It is highly ridiculous that she can do this already.




Theology with Claire:


Did I disobey you today?

Oh honey, I don’t remember. You probably did, because it’s hard to make it through a day without disobeying.

But sometimes I don’t disobey!

Yes, and I am thankful for those times that God gives us the grace to obey! But you know what else I’m thankful for? I’m thankful that in the times we disobey, God loves us the same! His love doesn’t change – He loves us soooo much. And those times when we disobey, that’s why Jesus died on the cross for us…

Yeah, but sometimes I don’t like it because they nailed him to the cross. It sounds like that hurts.

It did hurt him. But He thought we were worth it! He said, “Even though it hurts, I will die so that they can be God’s friends again!”

Do you think He liked the people that put the nails in?

Yes! In fact, He prayed for them while He was on the cross! He said, “Father, forgive them – they don’t know what they are doing…”

But who is His Father?

God is His Father.

No He’s not. Jesus is God.

Yes, Jesus is God. He is the Son of God…but He is also God…

But why did He pray to God because He is God?

Oh goodness.



Sometimes when I try to take pictures of Claire, this is the only view I get. And it makes me sad because she is growing up so fast. Slow down, Little.


And your sister is right behind you...



And I am still here...in the rocking chair...ready to kiss your head and sing you to sleep...

No comments:

Post a Comment