Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Monday, December 3, 2012

Meet Ellie

 Santa came to our house the other day. He left a package at the front door.





Inside the package was an elf.

Meet Ellie the Elf. Santa also left a letter to explain...



Dear Claire and Averi Kate,

Well, well, well, two of my favorite children!

First off, I have to tell you that I think you both are very special. I know that you are filled with love for each other, love for your parents, but most importantly, you are filled with love for Jesus! I love Jesus too, and He lives in my heart, so that makes us all especially special!

I had to let you know something very important. You know that whole naughty and nice list that you hear people talking about? Well, the truth is, that’s really not true. I don’t have a naughty and nice list. Because I know Jesus, I also know a lot about grace and getting what we don’t deserve. I know you know all about that! Like when you make the wrong choice and when you choose to sin, Jesus gives you grace and loves you still! And sometimes I know that your mom and dad give you grace too…like when you deserve to be disciplined but they give you another chance!

I know that kids are not perfect. I know that you girls are not perfect. But I know that Jesus loves you all the time, and I do too. So you don’t need to worry about being on my naughty or nice list. I will come leave you some special gifts on Christmas, just because I want to be loving and generous like Jesus is!
To help you remember about grace and getting love even when you don’t deserve it, I wanted to send you a very special treat for this Christmas season. I thought you might enjoy a little visit from a very special friend of mine…

This is Ellie the Elf.

She is a dear friend of mine, but she tends to be a bit naughty. I have explained grace to her many, many times, when she choose to sin and be a stinker. I have told her that this is why Jesus had to come…to rescue her, because she has sin in her heart. She is beginning to learn, but I thought that if she stayed with you for the Christmas season, then you might be able to teach her some more about the way Jesus loves us even when we sin. I know that you both are learning that you get to love and obey God because He first loves you so very much. I love Ellie so much and I want her to understand and believe Jesus and know that her heart can make good choices too because Jesus loves her so very much!

One important thing about Ellie…She stays quiet all day but she loves to play at night while everyone is sleeping.  That’s usually when she can get in some trouble, so you’ll have to watch her carefully!

When I told Ellie that she was coming to stay with you, she jumped up and down in excitement!  I hope you have fun together. I’ll be back to pick Ellie up on Christmas Eve, when I come to drop off some surprises for you! 

Love,
Santa

Ellie has made a couple of messes since Santa dropped her off, although the first thing Claire did when she got her was to adamantly claim, "Ellie is not going to make a mess. She is going to sleep with me!" But we are having fun learning about how we all make messes, and we need help to clean them up - help from a Savior!

***I must give credit where credit is due! I got this idea, as well as the letter (with some personal modifications) from this website. Thank goodness for Pinterest!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment