Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Friday, August 10, 2012

Snorts and Such

Claire apparently wanted to sleep with her guitar the other night.

 2 pieces of background information you must know for this story.
1. Claire and I refer to all heavy machinery as snorts. (based on the book "Are You My Mother?")
2. For the past week construction workers have been working on something in the courtyard of our apartment complex.

The other day was, well, a long day. Really like 3 days in one. So when Claire came running downstairs when she was *supposed* to be asleep, or at least pretending to be asleep at naptime, I turned around in frustration and ready to let her have it. But she saw the look on my face and frantically tried to cut me off at the pass, explaining as her hands flew wildly around in the air, "I was in bed but there's a noise in my room and I don't like it. I don't want to go to sleep in there and it's loud and it's just...it's just...It's really snorty!"

Claire examining her Daddy's foot.

Yesterday I was feeding AK and also halfway reading a book on the side while Claire played independently. Now that I think about it, I subconsciously heard Claire grunting and groaning and struggling with something, but I didn't really take notice of it until I heard her exclaim, "Thank you God!"I quickly looked up and assessed the situation, and realized that she had been struggling to get her baby doll stroller out from beside the couch and when she finally got it, she was expressing her thanks to God for helping her get it out! It was funny and sweet and very Claire.

Hmmm, what's this?

I was reading a book to Claire when she suddenly busted out laughing and said, "Noooooooke. My tummy said, Noooooooke." Apparently she can interpret tummy growls.


No comments:

Post a Comment