Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Friday, August 13, 2010

Nine Months Old!

It's so hard to believe that Claire is a little over nine months old now! Time certainly does fly by...but I have thoroughly enjoyed every moment and every change that has taken place over the last 3/4 of a year.

As I pray for Claire, I thank God for the joy that He has already placed inside of her. With her personality, I think that joy will be a fruit of the Spirit that she will easily bear once she comes to know Christ.


I also see a stubborn and independent streak in her. I pray that God will use this to develop perseverance rather than rebellion.



Claire is an explorer. Not much seems to scare her. Loud noises, like the vacuum, sometimes startle her; but if I catch her eye and smile, she usually grins and starts singing or yelling to keep up with the noise the vaccuum is making! I pray that the Lord will use this sense of adventure to develop in her a willing and excited obedience to whatever He is calling her.


Our little girl is a social butterfly. She thrives when she is around a group of people and she can entertain everyone to her heart's content. I pray that God will use her to lead many people to Christ.


Claire is very easy to read. When she is happy, there is no doubt, and when she is tired, she lets me know very quickly. I pray that she will keep this transparency and not learn to wear a mask in front of people. I pray that her genuineness will be a tool that the Lord can use for His glory.


Finally, I pray every day for my daughter, that she will come to trust Christ at an early age, that she will love God all of her days, and that she will "grow in the grace and knowledge of our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ." (2 Peter 3:18)


3 comments:

  1. You are such a great mom! I loved this post! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am a firm believer that the MOST important thing a parent can do for a child is PRAY. I agree with the last comment. You are a great mom! <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the photos! What lenses do you have and what do you think about them? I'm always curious about what other people are using.
    Thanks for the compliment on Analy's dress. Do you sew?

    ReplyDelete