Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Wednesday, December 18, 2013

Favorites Lately

Claire's favorite song: "Eye of the Tiger" This may be my fault. I had an 80's themed interval class a few weeks ago and prepared much of it in the car, and I noticed that every time "Eye of the Tiger" came on both of my children's heads started bobbing in rhythm. Not long ago we were having family worship when she requested this song and of course, we sang it. I think the Lord understood.

Averi Kate's favorite phrase: "Baby Jesus tired." But in your head when you read that, you must say it like this: "Baby Jeeeeesus taaarrrd."

Claire's favorite excuse for people doing bad or unkind things: "They must not know the true meaning of Christmas."

Averi Kate's favorite mode of transportation around the house: Galloping. She just gallops from one room to another. Actually, this is also my favorite way to get around the house. It must be genetic. (Don't lie, Mom. I know you gallop around your house too.)

Claire's favorite game: "Let's pretend like I'm a little cat and I'm all alone and sad and I don't have a family." Me: "Okay. Oh hey. What's wrong, little cat?" C: "Meow. I don't have a family." Me: "Oh okay, you can be in our family." C: "Meow! Thank you!" (Put the preceding dialogue on constant repeat and you have a picture of my day.)

 Averi Kate's favorite movie: Wee Sing in Sillyville. She calls it "Barney" (the dog's name is Barney on the video) and she tells every single checkout person at every single store about it. She holds the empty DVD case every time she rides in the car. This was also her aunt Gigi's favorite movie as a teenager little kid. Come on...can we have a little throw-back with the Bitty Booties?



The kids' favorite activity that I should have thought through a little bit more:



A plastic bin full of shaving cream.





In hindsight, I think this entire episode should have taken place in the bathtub. Oh well.



Of course music in all of it's forms remains a favorite of everyone.


This one is a little long and the theology is a work in progress...





My favorite moments lately:

Claire's first race: On Saturday she ran in a 1 mile fun run and did awesome. She finished in 11:30 and later said, "Mommy, I could have done it faster but I was scared I would get hurt." My child.



Claire reading to Averi Kate:



My favorite conversation with Averi Kate:



1 comment:

  1. I'm so proud of her for her run!!!!! I'm glad she decided to still do it!

    ReplyDelete