Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Moments from a Tuesday.

There was a dead fly lying on the table, and Claire started hitting it - hard - with her sister's high chair tray.
Me: What are you doing?
Claire: Hitting a bug.
Me: Stop hitting the bug, Claire, he's already dead.
Claire: I was trying to hit him some more so he would be more dead.

***

Most everyone knows about our constant struggle over how much our girls eat. I mean, EVERY 7 MINUTES I hear, "Can I have a snack?" or "What can I eat?" or some other variation. Today Claire walked up to me and said...
Claire: I've got a new rule - Only one snack every day.
Me: I think that's a great rule, honey.
Claire: I might not listen to it.

***

Tonight Averi Kate made me sing "Baa Baa Black Sheep" 812 times before she went to sleep. She also said, "I love you" for the first time. Totally prompted and probably coerced by me, of course, but my heart melted a little bit anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment