Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Wednesday, February 6, 2013

"I am the narrator," said Claire.

If you were to eavesdrop at my house these days, you would likely find me doubling over in laughter at sporadic times during the day due to the latest development in Claire's imagination. I have always called Claire "the Narrator" because she seriously narrates EVERYTHING that happens in her life. She is like a running commentary. Well, she narrates her imaginary play as well, which is nothing unusual, but lately I have been hearing things like this...

(Claire in her normal voice, holding a baby doll)...Aw, are you hungry? Why are you crying, little baby? (Switch to high-pitched voice -) "I want some juice!" (switch to normal voice) said the baby. 

(Claire, playing with her hot wheels and a homemade race track...) Ok, turn here and here. It's going so fast! (High-pitched, excited voice) "Look out for that car!!!" (normal voice) said the train.

Oh, I'm laughing out loud even as I type. I love that kid.


1 comment:

  1. Maybe she'll be an author! Love her! At least you know she'll be a safe driver and good mommy :)

    ReplyDelete