Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Claire Says the Darndest Things...


The other day we were in the car and I was asking Claire if she remembered the Bible story that we read the night before. Honestly, Spencer and I didn't think she had been listening at all, as she was really wired that night, so I didn't expect her to remember anything.

Me: Claire, do you remember the Bible story we read last night?
C: Yeah.
Me: Remember how Jesus washed His disciples' feet?
C: Yeah, and a bowl.
Me: Yes, He had a bowl of water, and He washed His disciples' feet.
C: That was yellow Jesus.
Me: Yellow Jesus???
C: Yeah. I have a purple Jesus too.
Me: Okay...

That night when we opened up Claire's picture Bible I noticed that Jesus is wearing a purple outer robe. That was Claire's purple Jesus. Then I remembered, when Jesus washed His disciples' feet, He took off His outer robe. I told Spencer to turn to that page, and sure enough Jesus' "under-robe" was yellow.

She was paying attention after all :)


In another car conversation, we started talking about how not everyone knows that Jesus loves them, and we want to do things for people to show them Jesus' love, and how we need to tell people that Jesus loves them, etc. I think I ended with a restatement like, "Because, Claire, we know that Jesus loves us, but not everyone does!" Claire thought about this for a second, and then nodded her head and said, "It's ok. Daddy fix it."

Daddy can fix anything.


She loves playing with dominoes but calls them her "dinosaurs."

She makes "lists" all the time on scrap paper and says she needs to go to Walmart or Kroger.

One time Spencer told Claire that her shoes smelled bad. I can't remember why, but now Claire will randomly start sniffing the air and saying, "I fell ('smell') something....Might be my shoes."

When we say the blessing before eating, Claire always wants to pray first. She says, "Thank you God and my food, amen." Well, at nighttime we pray before bedtime and again, Claire wants to pray first and then either Spencer or I will also pray aloud. It's so funny though because she starts in with her traditional "thank you for the food" prayer but then remembers that we're not about to eat...and it goes like this..."Thank you God and...thank you God...and...I...can't...say...the...words." Cracks me up every single time.


In other awesome news, Claire hasn't worn a diaper (except at nighttime) since last Wednesday (like, a week and 2 days ago!) I believe we have a potty-trained 2 year old on our hands! Thank the Lord for His perfect timing! :)

I am going for my 37-week checkup today and will try to post the news (or non-news) later this afternoon. It is always a thrill to hear sweet Averi Kate's heartbeat!

1 comment: