Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Favorite Things Update

Some of Claire's favorite things these days include...

Books:






Food: Goat Cheese, Soy Yogurt, Broccoli, Cereal

Activities: Playing with her babies (especially "changing their diapers"), checking the mail (we lead an exciting life), going to story-time at the library, playing the "Where's ___?" game (she loves to ask, "Where's Daddy?" At work. "Where's Dobby?" At her house. "Where's Nan?" At her house. "Where's Mommy?" Right here...etc., until she goes through her entire list of family and friends at least twice. It never gets old. To her.), seeing her "fends" (friends)...





Fun stories lately:

Claire really loves reading her Bible. A lot of times that's the first thing she'll want to do when she wakes up, and the other morning was one of those times. I walked into her room just as she was starting to wake up, and the first thing she said was "Jeekuh...Bibuh" "You want me to read you a story from the Bible about Jesus?" "Yeah..." and she grabbed her Bible and handed it to me. So I opened it up to the story of Jesus' first miracle (turning water into wine) and started to read. At the end of the page, the narration goes, "Mary told the servants, 'Do exactly what Jesus tells you to do.'" I asked Claire before we turned the page, "What do you think Jesus is going to tell them to do?" Her excited reply: "Water!!!" It took me a moment, and then I was like, Oh my goodness, she is right! He told them to fill up the jugs with water! It's amazing how much information she is soaking in right now!

Another story: Just now, as I was writing this update, I hear a frantic cry from Claire's room. I run up the stairs to find that she has crawled from her bed to the changing table and can't figure out how to get back down. She is on all fours on top of the table, crying. Poor thing. She is getting adventurous enough to get into trouble. Don't worry, she's sound asleep now. On the bed.

I love me some Claire Shugart!

No comments:

Post a Comment