Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Thursday, June 30, 2011

Life These Days

Here are some glimpses into our life these days...

Claire still loves the rain. She talks to the rain ("Hey rain!") and tells stories about it. She loves to watch it and to play in it. Here she is a year ago, playing in the rain.


And here she is just recently. Some things never change. At least, I hope they won't.


The other day Claire tried to eat an ink pad. Don't worry, she wasn't successful. Well, not completely.


Here she is reading with Gran and "Bopple." Goodness knows that we pray for all our "nans and bopples" every night. And every day. And every meal.


I can tell just by looking at this picture that either the word "little" or "big" was on that particular page. Claire makes the same sign for both. It's pretty funny when she claims that something is "big" and pinches her thumb and finger together for emphasis.

Today Claire found her old bouncy seat. She came and found me and said, "Buckle me. Buckle me." That could be her first complete sentence, I'm not sure. But buckle her I did, and she loved it. Here she is as a baby when she actually fit into the seat...


And here she was today. Little cheeseball.


Soon she realized how silly it was for a big girl like her to be in a baby seat, so she climbed out and proceeded to buckle her baby in. Then she brought all the toys that she thought her baby might want to play with while in the seat.


Apparently this included a small canister from the kitchen.


Claire is fascinated when I put on my makeup...which is kind of a joke since most days I don't make it past a little concealer under my eyes and some blush so I don't look dead. Anyway, I gave her a little makeup bag of her own and included an old stick of concealer. She went to town.




Silly girl.


Finally, Claire is loving her bears these days. She won't get out of the bed without holding as many bears as she can and bringing them to breakfast with her. She won't leave the house without one or two to keep her company in the car. Tonight when I put her to bed she kept asking for more! "More bear. More bear." When I went in to check on her a few minutes ago, this is what I found...


I love my life these days.

2 comments:

  1. laughing! What a good way to set my mind on what is good and pure and right...:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isn't that the truth. Jana I'm very proud of you keeping up with everything like you do. You are awesome!!!

    ReplyDelete