Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Saturday, February 13, 2010

My Valentine

We really don't make a big deal out of Valentine's Day. I mean, it's a nice excuse to, I don't know, make a cookie cake "for Spencer" and then eat it myself...or to sit on the couch for a couple of hours *away from the books, notes, and flashcards* and watch "Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs" (hilarious)...but the holiday itself is just not that important to us. But it is a nice reminder of how thankful I am for the marriage that God has blessed me with. I love Spencer more every day. We have been married for going on four years, and while in some ways it seems like just yesterday that we became husband and wife, in other ways I can't remember ever living without him.



I was pretty giddy on June 24, 2006. I pretty much still feel that way when I see Spencer or when I hear him introduce me as his wife.


I always said he was amazing. I still feel that way...he is amazing...and godly, and funny, and humble, and sincere, and extremely attractive. He is not perfect. But he knows me and all my imperfections, which seem to me to be a lot bigger than his, and he loves me anyway.

He is a good husband and a good daddy. He loves the Lord, which is the best gift he could give to me and to our daughter.

"I have found the one whom my soul loves...This is my beloved and this is my friend..." Song of Solomon 3:4, 5:16

3 comments:

  1. Have a wonderful valentine day, sweet Hanna! You and Spencer and sweet baby Clairebear....I love you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahhhhh . . . you are such a blessing! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the verses :-) I'm feel the same about my husband!

    ReplyDelete