Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Monday, January 18, 2010

A Little of This and a Little of That


Claire is a morning person, and I am so glad. She has been sleeping for probably an average of 7 hours for a couple of weeks now, and she usually sleeps for a couple more hours after her morning feeding. When she gets up for the day, she is the smily-est little girl I have ever seen. I just sit and stare at her and say the most ridiculous things in the most ridiculous high-pitched voice just to get a smile out of my little girl. It's amazing.

Here is Claire in the sweet little outfit that her Uncle Bo and Aunt Bonnie gave her...


Over the past few days I have been playing with/editing some of my favorite photographs that I've taken. Here are just a few of the results...












We have posted some of our music online at www.myspace.com/spencerandjana These are songs that we have written. We have also been able to lead worship at our church recently and look forward to continuing to help in that ministry area. What a humbling experience to be a part of the worship of the most high God!! We sang yesterday at church about how great He is, and about how He has provided a "great High Priest...who ever lives and pleads for me" What a wonderful God we have! The last song we sang is called "Before the Throne of God Above" and here is my favorite verse of that song...

When Satan tempts me to despair and tells me of the guilt within, upward I look and see Him there who made an end to all my sin! Because the sinless Savior died, my sinful soul is counted free, for God the just is satisfied to look on Him and pardon me!

That's the gospel! God is just and cannot look upon sin - therefore He cannot look upon us because we are sinful. The only thing that can satisfy God's perfection is a sinless Savior - Jesus Christ. Now when we hide ourselves in Christ - when we stop trusting in our own efforts and instead surrender to Him and cling to Him as our only righteousness - then His righteousness becomes our only plea and we find true freedom and intimacy with the Lord Almighty. What a great God we serve!

1 comment:

  1. That's been one of my favorites for a couple years now. I think the first time I heard it was at the rehearsal for y'alls wedding :-)

    ReplyDelete