Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Christmastime is here...and gone!


Wow, this holiday season really seems like a blur. It came fast and went faster! We had a great time in Georgia and really loved sharing the joy of our new little girl with all of our family. These are just a few pictures of our trip...


We started our trip by meeting Uncle Bo and Aunt Bonnie in Atlanta. This was their first time meeting Claire, and it was great to spend time with them. We are so excited about their little one that they are expecting in the late summer! It will be so much fun for Claire to have a little cousin so close to her own age!


Here is Uncle Bo right after he started holding Claire...and she let a big one rip! You better get used those dirty diapers Uncle Bo! You'll be changing them more than you can imagine next year!!!


After spending some time with my brother and sister-in-law, we headed to Perry. Claire loved spending the week at Grankay and Grandpa Gary's house! She especially loved the Christmas tree in Grankay's living room...


Grandpa Gary knew just what to do to calm Claire down if she was fussy...

Nanny Faye and Papa came over to have a special Christmas Eve breakfast and spend some time with Claire...


Christmas morning! Claire was so excited (well, at least her mom and dad were) that she got her very first piano!




After spending Christmas morning and afternoon in Perry, we headed to Milledgeville where Papa, Nan, and Aunt Jeni were anxiously waiting to see Claire. Papa and Aunt Jeni didn't waste any time getting on the floor to play with Claire! And even though Nan mysteriously avoided being in pictures (surprise surprise :), she and Claire bonded immediately. Claire loved watching Sesame Street in Nan's arms!!!



We had a great time in GA over the break. It was so nice to see family, and what a relief for Spencer to be out of school for a while! I am feeling so much better now. After the doctor finally discovered the mistake that had been made during surgery and corrected it, I began to feel a little better every day. A couple of days after Christmas I tried jogging again for the first time. I made it almost 2 miles, but I think I might have overdone it a little. I have a hard time stopping if I feel good, but I need to consider how I might feel the next day! This may be a lofty goal, but I would really like to be able to jog 8 miles by the end of February. It's kind of a mental thing...I ran 8 miles last February just before I found out I was pregnant, and I'd really like to make it back to that point physically if I can. But even if I can't, I'm still so thankful that I'm feeling more like my old self again.
Here are a couple more pictures of Claire to close out this entry. We received a video camera for Christmas, so I'll be posting some videos soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment