Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Wednesday, November 22, 2017

A couple of things that happened this week.

1. Claire strapped on my garmin and ran over 4 miles without stopping IN OUR YARD.

2. Owen fell off the bleachers at the girls' basketball practice last night and busted the back of his head. When it happened, I scooped him up, saw blood all over my hand, and turned to the dads sitting near me and said, "I need you to look at this and tell me how bad it is. I am not going to look. You need to tell me what to do right now." They looked and said, "You need to go to the ER." That was all I needed to hear. A friend offered to watch the girls for the rest of practice until Spencer could get there from work to pick them up, and I headed to the nearest med stop with a very sad three year old. Owen was an absolute champ once we got there. He got a few staples in the back of the head and two "hollipops", which made everything better. The nurses and doctor were awesome, and they loved Owen of course. They kept saying, "This kid is awesome! He is the best patient! And he is gorgeous!" Today I can't keep him from jumping off all the furniture, so we'll see how it all turns out.

No comments:

Post a Comment