Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Saturday, March 11, 2017

Quotables.

I knew that Owen was in the kitchen but I didn't hear any noise, which is sometimes not a good sign.
Me: Owen, what are you doing?
Owen: Eating butter.
(I walked into the kitchen to confirm this, and there he was standing on a chair pulled up to the counter. Eating a stick of butter.)

***

The kids and I were walking and Claire went down a little bank to check something out near the woods. Owen followed after her, but the hill was steep and he was gaining speed. I thought he would probably lose control and tumble down the hill before long, so I shouted to Claire, "Look out! He's coming!" Owen stopped mid stride and panicked.  "I scared!!! He's coming!!!" and for the rest of our walk he kept looking anxiously back at the woods and saying, "That's scared. Owen's coming!"

***

I asked the girls, "What is the worst thing about life?" (I'm not morbid, we were in the middle of a conversation about how going to the bank is not the worst thing in the world, as they were claiming it was.)
Their answers:
AK: Shots and taking my clothes off in the winter.
Claire: Floods. Death.

***

AK: Owen, don't throw away your strawberries. The Bible says that Jesus did NOT throw away his strawberries.

***

Spencer: My earliest memory was from when I was probably about 3 years old...
Claire: Gracious, that's a long memory. Especially for how old you are now.

***

The other day Owen was getting extremely frustrated trying to make a plastic horse stand up on its legs. It kept toppling over and he started crying and muttered, "I'm bout to spit up."

***

Owen: (Snorts like an elephant. Laughs, then shakes his head.) That sounds terrible.

***

In other news, Spencer put up a rope swing in the backyard and it has been the best thing ever.


The girls have gotten pretty skilled at it.




And then there's Owen's version of getting across.






And in other other news, Claire lost her two front teeth this week. The first one I pulled because it was just hanging on by a thread; the second one was barely loose but Owen knocked it out in a doggie pile on the trampoline. Claire was brave and is totally adorable. I don't have a picture yet but I'll get one up soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment