Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Monday, January 9, 2017

Starting 2017 off right.

Big news at the grocery store...
AK: MOM!!! I was looking up at the ceiling and I didn't run into the pole!!!

***

AK: Daddy is the funniest daddy who leaves his bike in the car. Uncle Bo is the funniest daddy I have ever seen that does not leave his bike in the car.

***

Going for a four-wheeler ride in the freezing cold rain (with Owen complete in a bright pink coat)...



***

AK: Mom, will you feed me my supper?
(every.night.of.my.life.)

***

I walked in to check on Owen while he was supposedly napping in his bed, and found him just rockin' in the chair...







***

Claire: AK, you have lied to me two times. I'm just not sure I can trust you anymore.

***

We went to the Getty's Christmas concert (which was amazing) in December. The first half of the concert was sort of a lively Celtic celebration, which I really enjoyed. At one point I looked down the row toward AK and realized that she was river dancing in the aisle.

***

Spencer: Averi Kate. If you get out of your bed again I'm turning your music off and taking some toys out of your room.
AK (smiles): You have a really big head.

***

Bedtime Bootcamp...







***

Rocking Owen to sleep...
Me: Do you want me to sing you a song?
O: Yeah.
Me: Which one?
O: (pauses)...Eye of the Tiger.

***

The little boy who lives next door is named Hillman. Owen calls him "Human."

***

Claire: AK!! Don't do that!!!
Me: What on earth?
Claire: Averi Kate was going to tell Owen to do something...inappropriate.

***
Owen tells me all the time, "Mommy I scared of ___."

Things Owen is afraid of...
  • the hallway
  • the trash truck
  • the "duck" in his ball tent (...there is no duck in his ball tent.)
  • a hypothetical man eating the beads that are scattered all over the house from Claire's jewelry kit
  • ant bites in the bath tub
  • his own poop

***

Claire and Spencer getting ready for their Daddy date...






***

Every time that anyone on earth passes gas in Owen's presence, he says, "Oh! AK burped."

***

When Claire doesn't want to go to bed, she defaults to "Is it okay if I read my Bible?" or "Can I just work out for a little while?" ...because how can you say no to that? OR, she comes up and starts to scratch my back, because she knows I am incapable of telling her stop.

***

Every time Owen gets out of the bath tub,  he says in the most high-pitched voice you can imagine, "I feezing."

***

Me: AVERI KATE. Do NOT jump on the couch.
AK: I'm not jumping. I'm bouncing.

***

More playing in the rain...




No comments:

Post a Comment