Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Monday, March 7, 2016

Sometimes my life is like a weird movie.


Like when Claire is standing in the kitchen bouncing her basketball while trying to talk to me about something really deep and Averi Kate runs through the room shouting, "Look! Look!" and I do look and she has a balloon balanced on her nose. And Claire keeps talking. And bouncing. And I'm not sure if I am real.

Or like when I'm in the bathroom washing AK's hair, and naked Owen runs into the bathroom with a smile on his face and says, "Here! Here!" and tries to hand me a big poop that he's holding. And I yell and open the toilet lid and say, "Put it in the potty, Owen! Put in the potty!" and before I can stop him he rares back and throws the poop like a major league pitcher toward the potty but he misses and then turns and runs away and I wonder if any of this is real.

Or like when I put Owen down in the middle of a diaper change for ONE MINUTE while I run to the laundry room to get his clothes, and when I come back he has the dust pan and is attempting to sweep up his pee off the floor.

But when I take the dust pan from him and put a towel down on the peed-on-floor, he suddenly bear hugs my leg and kisses me at knee-level with a big "mmm-wha" and I know I wouldn't trade this weird movie life for anything.

No comments:

Post a Comment