Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Saturday, November 7, 2015

To My Almost One Year Old

O-Bo, there is no way on earth you are about to be one year old. This past year has flown by in a blur. But it has been so much fun - I guess since you are my third baby I have learned a little better the art of just enjoying the moments. And I sure have enjoyed your moments, Buddy...



Every time I change your clothes I have to wait a minute before putting your clean clothes on, because you love to rub your belly. You enjoy pulling silverware out of the dishwasher and flinging it on the ground.You put everything in your mouth, but you usually give yourself away by waiting on me to look at you, grinning, and then crawling away as fast as you can. You can be a little dramatic. When you get upset (i.e., when I put you down without your permission), you yell and bang your head on the floor. I'm really sorry, but it makes me laugh. I know that's not your goal.



For the most part though, you are still happy and easy-going. You love to dance by shaking your head from side to side. You love balls more than anything on earth. I've never seen anything like it. You will just throw a ball and chase it, throw it and chase it, forever. When we went to Claire's tennis practice for the first time this fall, you went absolutely nuts because of all the green tennis balls bouncing everywhere.






You are starting to walk. You can take a few steps unassisted and you are definitely getting more motivated. Especially when it involves getting to the nearest ball. Your favorite word to say is "daddy"; you say it all day long and sometimes it comes out as "daddy-oooo", which always makes me laugh. Your sisters were gone this afternoon and I have never heard you jabber so much in all your life. I guess you were enjoying the rare opportunity to get a word in edgewise.



Speaking of your sisters, you are a good sport when it comes to being in this crazy family. You get loved on, trampled over, tackled, picked up, thrown around, and you just kind of roll with it. Even though "daddy" is your favorite word, you are definitely a mama's boy right now. Your daddy says that if you have a ball and your mommy, then you are happy.



I love to hold you and rock you at night, even though you still don't consistently sleep through the night. (About that...You're killing me, Smalls.) Over the past few months, as I have seized the joy of cuddling with you in the rocking chair, these words have been forming in my heart and I have begun to sing them as you drift off to sleep...

There's an endless repetition to my days
It can be easy to forget
That the weight of glory's forming in my veins
And the kingdom doesn't look like you'd expect

So I, I will hold you
While I have the time and you are small
And I'll sing over you
Words I pray will sing into your soul
Because one thing matters
And a million things don't
And I'll fight for the one

The Lord is using you, son, to teach me what matters. And I pray that He will use me to teach you what matters. I love everything about you, Owen, and I can't wait to watch you become more of the person our Creator is making you to be.


You add so much joy to our family, Owen. Happy birthday, my fun, sweet boy!

1 comment:

  1. I loved your post and especially your song. When all my grandkids were little that is one thing I loved to do when I held them was to sing a blessing over them. (Even thought this grandma can't carry a tune in a bucket) They did not care. They so quickly grow up and the time of singing over them is gone but the words have been spoken over them and I believe God will bring them to fruition.

    ReplyDelete