Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Thursday, January 15, 2015

Things I Have Heard Recently. And One Thing I Have Seen.

 Spencer: Do you need help with that?
AK: No, Claire's mom already helped me.

***

Averi Kate, in the land of miscellaneous make-believe...
  • "Her baby brother is a girl."
  • "I'm going to work, babe!"
  • "You stay here, Hoop-ty Doo." (talking to a plastic Scooby Doo figurine)
***

Claire (referring to Owen after he had a major blowout): "He's a Poopivore!"

***

Claire: (Blows kiss) I love you Averi Kate. I love you so much. (Blows another kiss)
AK: Okay.

***

I was feeling reflective and sentimental tonight as I sat on the couch feeding Owen. I began to pray as I stroked his little fingers that were curled around my finger. "Lord, I pray that these little fingers will play instruments for Your glory..." My thoughts turned to AK, who was sitting on the couch next to me, and I began to pray..."And Lord, please help Averi Kate..." And as these words were forming in my heart, I turned my head to look at her...and I saw my second born child, watching Curious George, with her toe stuck in her mouth. I couldn't even finish my prayer. But I could laugh. And I'm pretty sure God was laughing too.






No comments:

Post a Comment