Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Thursday, November 14, 2013

A Funny 20 Month Old

Have I mentioned how funny this kid is lately?



84,000 times a day, I hear her randomly yelling, "I got it. I got it." Sometimes it makes sense in context and sometimes it absolutely doesn't. The other random phrases that I hear are "I did it!" and "Good boy!"



Oh, and "Tada!"



She says, "Heeeeyyy..." to lots and lots of animals, people, and inaminate objects. She always cocks her head, waves her hand, and her voice goes up 3 octaves when she does it. Sometimes I'll catch her saying it to her food, or to a bug, or to no one at all. But my favorite is when she is losing her temper and pulls her hand back to obviously strike the nearest offender (aka her sister), and I say, "Averi Kate..." in a warning voice, and her countenance changes midstrike, her hand turns from a fist into a wave, her head cocks to one side and her voice softens and goes way up into a "Heeeyyyyy..." Yeah. Good save, AK.

Heeeyyy, pumpkin...


Oh, this is funny too. In trying to teach her the right way to ask for something (instead of repeating the word over and over), apparently I over-dramatized the pitch of the syllables, because her voice once again goes up 3 octaves when she asks for something now.



Every morning as well as after each nap, when I go into AK's room to rescue her from the crib, she hands me every object in her crib - every blanket, baby, sippy cup, stuffed animal - before she gets out. I have to carry all of these, plus the toddler, into the living room. Also, Claire always woke up raring to go from the time her eyes opened, but this is a child who wakes up slowly. After naptime she just wants to cuddle on the couch for a while. But in the morning she just wants oatmeal. So there is that.




Her love for reading is growing. Her favorite books right now are "Horns to Toes and In Between" by Sandra Boynton , "Biscuit is Thankful" by Alyssa Satin Capucilli, and "Goodnight Moon" by Margaret Wise Brown. She loves to read the same book over and over. When I read with both girls, they take turns picking out books, and Claire hates it because every time it's AK's turn she picks the same book as her last turn.


She also loves to dance and play instruments. Every time Spencer or I start to play the guitar or piano, she runs and grabs a shaker or tamborine out of the instrument basket and runs around the room yelling and dancing. Her favorite songs right now are "Wheels on the Bus" and "Are there More Gods than One" by Dana Dirksen.
 


She is never dramatic about anything.






This morning I was washing dishes and heard her sweet voice saying, "Baby tired. Baby tired." I walked over to see her cradling a piece of her blueberry bran muffin.

Here is a picture of her with her "baby."



Then she ate it.


And that is our funny Averi Kate!!!





1 comment:

  1. God, I love her! Love the "she's not dramatic about anything" picture :-)

    ReplyDelete