Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Littles

 Have I ever mentioned how much I love these two girls?



Let's start with the Little Little.

Averi Kate is a bundle of personality. At 16 months old, she knows exactly what she wants and is as determined a toddler as I have ever seen.


She is quick to giggle but also has a serious side. "No" is probably her favorite word right now (to say, not to hear) and she says it with the full force of her 16 month old will behind it. Well, that's one of her favorite words. Her other favorite is "Sissy." It's the first thing she says when she wakes up in the morning.



Some of her favorite activities include playing with sand and water and spoons and cups, putting random objects in bags and purses, and eating. Always eating. Why do my children eat SO much?


She is full of energy but she still lets us know when she is over it. The right thumb goes in the mouth, the left hand goes to the ear, and she's done.


She loves to make people laugh.


She is curious, a natural explorer. She falls down a lot but pops right back up. She can climb better than she can walk. She is brave when it comes to exploring, but not so much when it comes to loud noises. The food processor is not her favorite.


And she is always trying to be as big as her sister...


 Speaking of whom...


What can I say about this girl?


I mean, look how big she is! But she is still Little! She will always be Little!


This beautiful girl has no shortage of personality nor words to express it. As always, as long as she is awake there is no such thing as a quiet moment.


She has this drive that I don't understand, that makes her want to know every detail and every cause and every explanation for everything in the world. It makes me so tired. But so happy too.


Despite her analytical nature, she has free spirit that comes out in awesome dance moves and a million made-up songs.


 Run, Little! But not too fast...


And my girls together?


Beyond precious.

 I pray every day that they will be best friends, that they will encourage one another in their faith, that they will grow together in the grace and knowledge of our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ.


 It's so fun to watch their relationship develop. They love each other's companionship, most of the time. And although I do hear lots of "NO!"s and cries and yells coming from their general direction throughout the day, I also hear a LOT of laughter, and I really just can't get enough of that.





 I love how when I drop them off for childcare in various places, they will take each other's hand and walk into the room together.


 And we do have our bad moments, and our rough days, and our terrible nights. It's not a smooth ride, these days with the Littles. But how amazing is the grace of God, that doesn't waste a moment in our lives but uses everything - everything - to make us more like Christ, to pull us deeper and deeper in trust and love for Him.




 What a wonderful Creator.


Love Him, Littles. Love Him with all that you are.



1 comment:

  1. seriously, I know you are trying to make me cry- stop it! Ah yes, what an amazing blessing/headache/heartache/encouragement/laughing/crying business raising little sisters is.

    ReplyDelete