Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Monday, November 7, 2011

Our 2 Year Old

2 years ago today... well, I was in a lot of pain. But Spencer and I also experienced the most insane rush of pure joy we've ever had, when a perfectly created little girl was handed to us in the delivery room.

Today, we celebrate the wonderful gift that God has given to us in Claire Alyse!


At 2 years old, Claire is full of wonder and joy. Life is an adventure. She is bold in some ways, looking for adventure and fun, but she is also cautious and thoughtful.

She is growing in every way. She is finally starting to fit into *some* 24 month pants, even though she has already been wearing 2T tops for months! She is growing in knowledge, in her reasoning skills, in her verbal communication.

She is fiercely independent at times, and yet at other times she just wants to "hold you mommy."


She has taught me more about love and grace than I have ever comprehended before. I can understand why the father ran as fast as he could to meet his prodigal son. I can understand why Jesus wept over Jerusalem. I see Claire's heart, yes, with the joy and wonder of childhood, but also filled with sin and marred by the fall. I see that she is selfish in her nature, like us all, and she seeks her own way. I see that she would rather rebel than obey. I see that and I cry out to God on her behalf. I pray that she would understand her need for a savior. I pray that Spencer and I would provide her with an environment of unconditional love so that she will understand the love of the Father. I pray that we would provide her with loving discipline so that she will understand that obedience leads to blessing. I pray that we would show her the character of Christ so that she will love Him above all else in this life.


I pray that she will "grow in the grace and knowledge of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ."


Happy birthday, Little. You are God's gracious gift to us, and we love you.

No comments:

Post a Comment