Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Monday, January 17, 2011

Claire Lately...

  • When she gets excited, she screams. It is...ear-piercing.
  • She holds phones, remotes, and anything that is close to the same shape, up to her ear and says, "Whoa-whoa?" Other recent words include "nye-nye" (night night), "la-la" (elmo), and "hey."
  • She calls my dad "Papa." But she doesn't say it out loud; she whispers it.
  • She is really starting to take the initiative to ask specifically for what she wants. She will take my hand and lead me to the kitchen, point at the refrigerator or cabinet, and make the sign for milk, food, etc.
  • When Spencer gets home, she almost explodes with excitement. Developmentally, she is not supposed to be able to run yet...but I promise, she definitely "more than walks" (complete with very excited and very loud screams) to the door as soon as I say, "Daddy's home!"
  • I pray with her before she goes to bed at night. I often pray in a whisper to set a quiet mood before bedtime, and she whispers right back. I have no idea what she is saying, but a one-year-old whisper is very cute.
  • She has learned how to kick a ball. She is so very coordinated for a 14 month old. We are pretty sure she will be a natural athlete.
  • The other day, she wanted to wear my big fluffy winter vest. She looked like an Ewok.

Or a mummy.

No comments:

Post a Comment