Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Life Lately

We ate vegetable soup last night. It was good. Claire liked it too. I think she actually got some of it in her mouth. I think.




Claire is enjoying her new mobility. She is getting around on two feet better every day.



When Claire was probably five months old or so, our sweet friend Amber got us a "Baby Signing Time" dvd. Claire loves this dvd. She has picked up on several signs, "more" being her favorite :) Well, the sign for "dog" is to pat your leg, like you're motioning for a dog to come. Claire loves dogs and gets excited whenever we see one in real life, or a picture of one in a book, or if a dog is on tv. When we were reading "Brown Bear, Brown Bear, What Do You See" the other day, we got to the white dog and Claire, in a moment of excitement, reached over and started patting my leg! You're supposed to pat your own leg, Claire!!!

We are trying to teach Claire how to pick up after herself. I really don't mind if she pulls things off shelves and out of drawers, as long as she understands the concept of putting them back! She is really good about handing things to me to put back, which is great for now. She hasn't really figured out how to put books on the shelf, but she will bring them to me to put up if I ask her to. Last night she pulled all the clothes out of her pajama drawer, and then she put them back herself when we showed her how.


She then proceeded to try and put herself up in her pajama drawer as well. I didn't get a picture of that, but it was really cute. To curb your disappointment, here is another cute picture.


Claire loves to brush her teeth. She has three and a half now, two on the bottom and almost two on the top. Here she is after her bath, scrubbing away.


She really got into it.


And here she is after I finally took her toothbrush away.


Gazing longingly after her toothbrush...



Signing "more"!!!


Trying to convince her Daddy to rescue her toothbrush...



There's a new game that Claire loves to play, called "Don't get Mommy's toes!" She will randomly get a big grin on her face and then go after my toes. I really can't stand it - I really hate for anyone to touch my feet - except that she squeals and laughs every time. It's a good thing she's so cute.

1 comment:

  1. Those are such sweet pictures. I love the ones of her brushing her teeth! And her hair is getting SO long!! The one of Spencer holding her almost made me cry. Precious. I miss you!!

    ReplyDelete