Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Wednesday, November 11, 2009

My Girl

Saturday, November 7...3:30 Am...Spencer wakes up to the sound of Jana doing laundry and thinks to himself, "Please let this be what they call 'nesting'" Nope, sorry Spencer - you might as well forget studying for that anatomy test... My water broke!

What a day that was! It started early as we headed to the hospital around 4:00 in the morning. After a few hours of very light contractions, the doctor decided to start a flow of Pitocin to help speed things up a little. Well, it sped things up all right! I got the Pitocin early in the afternoon, between 1:00 and 2:00. Within about an hour I was feeling the contractions pretty heavily. The nurse checked and I was dilated to a 6; the next time she checked I was at 7cm; and 10 minutes later I told Spencer, "I think I have to push!" He ran and got the nurse and sure enough, I had progressed to 9 1/2 in that small amount of time! Claire was not ready to wait any longer! After pushing for about half an hour, Claire arrived in this world at 4:58 PM. Her daddy and I loved her at first sight. I soon realized that things were not over yet, though, because the doctor seemed to be inflicting even more pain now than I had felt during labor. As it turns out, little Miss Claire was in such a hurry to get out that she was not very careful with her mommy, and I had multiple 3rd degree tears and had lost a large amount of blood. I was able to endure labor and delivery without an epidural, but now I had to be taken to the OR and put to sleep to repair the damage! Not a great experience...but it was all worth it after one look at this precious little girl.


Claire Alyse Shugart...7 lbs...20.5 in...11/7/09 @ 4:58PM




More pictures to come! God is so good!!!

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations Jana and Spencer!! Claire is just beautiful!! So sorry to hear about the tearing, but there is something about those precious babies, you forget all about the pains of labor!! It's all worth it!! :) We will be praying for a speedy healing!!

    ReplyDelete